Friday, February 23, 2007

Here's a Theory With No Proof

I don't think the American empire is going to exist in 100 years. I hope it does, and I hope it prospers for a long, long time, but let's be real: we're too wasteful, too fat, and too conceited to sustain the United States of America. We're also blind to international facts, like the growing power in China, or the technological boom in India, or Japan's uncanny ability to be a few steps ahead of us.

America does have a few things going for it. Presently, we have the most vast military in the world, if not the most efficient. We can spend more money than anyone, and we're fortuitously situated on a huge landmass with a friendly neighbor to the north and long coastlines lined with our citizens and soldiers. Plus, countries like England and France owe us their asses, so we can call in a few favors.

On the other hand, countries like Germany and Russia--first-worlders with money and a 20th century grudge--wouldn't mind an American collapse. And it's only a matter of time before those countries stop brown nosing and start expressing some nationalistic backbone.

And here's another thing I can't prove: I don't think Bush can find the Philippines on the map, and I especially don't think he can spell it.



Come to my house for some mucho caliente rufus,

MC taking advantage of a drunk date

No comments: