Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My Life will Change Forever in 10 Minutes

Count to 600, and realize that, in the aftermath of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, time moves a bit faster. And so, as opposed to the days of incest and rodeos, when people's lives took years and years---and several inbred pregnancies--to markedly change, today's world moves in an accelerated tempo of time and space.
In 600 seconds, I will, for the first time in weeks, be forced to do a piece of actual work for my job. And this is no ordinary work: I will have to pick up the phone, dial out, engage somebody in conversation, hang up, write down what we talked about, stretch, go to the bathroom, listen to my ipod in the bathroom for maybe even 1,000 seconds, and then go in AIM to talk about all the work I've been doing.

No comments: