Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Indignity of Gender Differences

Three minutes ago, I posted a wall announcementof facebook using the identity of a female friend of mine. Suffice it to say that my entire existence has been thrown into question--my masculinity, my purpose on this earth, and even my appetite.
But there is something more than just indignation in being temporarily morphed into the opposite gender. There are also tears, lots and lots and lots of cylindrical salty tears, that dot my half-male half-female face. Nevermind that women have asserted themselves in this world as equals; still, I feel that I have entered a different realm, where nothing can ever be certain anymore. No one knows me, I don't know anyone, the world doesn't know itself and volcanoes everywhere are erupting in fits of dubious sexuality.

Stay classy san diego,
DJ Blogger

No comments: